Stereotactic Minimally Invasive Brain Repair with Stem Cell Transplantation
Advanced neurosurgery has opened new doors of minimally invasive brain repair for fast healing, shorter recovery period and best effective results. Introduction of Stereotactic surgery has initiated imaging technology for creating 3D maps of the brain for better navigation through the surgical path. The damaged areas of the brain can now be easily pinpointed by surgeons placing microelectrodes and puncture needles into the skull. This is a potent way to diagnose and assess the brain injury and offers greater accuracy during the surgery.
The first ever Remebot robot was introduced by Beijing Puhua International Hospital in China. This is globally the most advanced neurosurgical aided locating system. Launch of Remebot has done the followings:
- Reduced long operation hours
- Diminished surgical risk
- Achieved greater positive surgical results
The surgical process is executed in two steps. Firstly, the lesion (affected area) is located that the surgeon targets to remove, resects or deactivate. Secondly, the Neural Stem Cells (NSCs) is injected into the damaged area to repair or replace defective cells and dead tissue.
This two step combined technology has proven to be productive on neurological conditions that include:
- Parkinson Disease
- Brain Injury
- Cerebral Palsy
Out of the 3000+ cases on which this protocol is applied on, more than 85% has achieved different levels of improvement.
What are the advantages of Stereotactic Minimally Invasive Brain Repair?
The advantages of Stereotactic Minimally Invasive Brain Repair are as follows:
- Precise localization: The position, size, volume, shape and surrounding brain tissue of intracranial lesions are more accurately ascertained in shorter time by using the modern nerve video technology (such as CT, MRI, DSA, SPECT, PET, etc.). The robot stereotactic technique works towards extreme perfection with the margin of error at less than 1mm.
- Minimally invasive: Stereotactic Minimally Invasive Brain Repair figures out the best operation path through neuro-navigation and accurately regulates and repairs the intracranial lesions. The procedure is even faster under local anesthesia and with minor surgical trauma. The pinhole diameter is actually less than 1cm)
- Fast onset of action: The Robotic brain stereotactic surgery to repair functional diseases of the brain works fast and shows immediate alleviation of symptoms unlike many other surgical methods.
- Faster post-operative recovery: The postoperative recovery period is much shorter in this process in comparison to traditional ways of brain surgery. The localization is much more precise, trauma is minimal and time on the operating table is also reduced. Patients are discharged in only 5 – 7 days.
Beijing Puhua International Hospital (BPIH) is one of the only high-end hospitals in china that focuses on serving international patients both at home and overseas. The excellent medical team and advanced medical equipment used at the hospital has made Stereotactic Minimally Invasive Brain Repair effective for everyone. The thoughtful personalized service given to the patients in a welcoming environment has made it popular around the globe.